Reference ratings for Endorsement are critically important. They are our primary source for documenting an applicant’s skills in the domains of Reflection, Working with Others and Thinking. Reference rating forms are filled out electronically via EASy. An Endorsement applicant enters the name and email address of the rater and then the EASy system emails the rater a secure link for completing the form.
Reviewing the questions from the reference rating form is recommended both for applicants and raters. The questions can be used in a supervision session to mutually assess the applicant’s professional progress.
Tips for Applicants:
- If the reference is your supervisor (program and/or reflective), consider looking over the questions together in supervision and requesting feedback.
- Ask your reference provider if they would be willing to complete a form electronically for you.
- Be sure each reference is familiar enough with your work, knowledge, and skills to provide ratings.
- You must decide whether or not to sign a waiver for each reference. If you sign it, you waive your right to access the content of the form. Some raters will not complete a reference unless the waiver is signed to ensure the rater’s scores and remarks will remain confidential.
Tips for Raters:
- Ensure you have known the application for at least a year.
- If the applicant is part of a reflective supervision/consultation (RSC) group that you facilitate, ensure you have heard enough from this applicant to feel that you know their skills well enough to rate them. We cannot count ratings with 6 or more “I do not have enough information to rate/comment” scores.
- If it is an Infant Mental Health Mentor (Clinical) applicant, ensure you are familiar with their skills as a provider of RSC and a practitioner.
- Consider reviewing the reference rating questions (see below) with the applicant periodically to help track your assessment of their progress over time.
- Be aware of whether or not the applicant has signed the waiver. If not signed, the applicant has the right to know the content of your rating.
- If you have reservations, please share them directly with the applicant.
- If you have reservations, consider either declining the request to provide a reference or indicating that you do not recommend.
To view the reference rating questions, click on the appropriate link below.
- Infant Family Associate
- Infant Family Specialist
- Infant Mental Health Specialist
- Infant Mental Health Mentor-Clinical
- Infant Mental Health Mentor- Policy
- Infant Mental Health Mentor-Research/Faculty
PLEASE NOTE: These files contain the questions but should NOT be used as a part of an application. Reference rating forms must be completed electronically via link from EASy.